Scientific Laboratory Equipment
Biotechnology Equipment for Life Science Research
Biotechnology Equipment for life science research
Labspec imports and markets a wide range of biotechnology equipment: laboratory instruments, reagents, and software for research in functional genomics, proteomics, cell biology, and food safety. Labspec’s life science products are based on leading technologies for the separation, identification, analysis, amplification, purification, quantification, and characterization of biological materials.
Biotechnology equipment is available for all major research laboratory techniques, including:
- Electrophoresis and blotting
- Imaging and quantitation
- Real-time PCR and digital PCR
- Flow cytometry, cell sorting, and cell counting
- Preparative and analytical chromatography
- Spectrophotometry and fluorometry
- Multiplex immunoassays
- Protein functional and interaction analysis
Biotechnology Equipment for Clinical Diagnostics
Labspec sells, and supports a large portfolio of biotechnology equipment for laboratory diagnostics: products for the detection, identification, and quantification of biomolecules in bodily fluids and tissue. Labspec is a leading specialty diagnostics company with an extensive range of biotechnology equipment for low-, medium-, and high-volume clinical applications in the diagnosis, monitoring, and treatment of diseases and other medical conditions. Labspec products are recognized as the gold standard for diabetes monitoring and quality control (QC) systems. Our advanced biotechnology equipment features platforms for fully automated, random-access, multiplex testing for clinical diagnostic assays including bead-based immunoassays, microplate assays, readers and washers, and western blot processing.
Clinical diagnostics applications include:
- Autoimmunity testing
- Blood typing and blood-borne disease assays
- Diabetes testing
- Genetic testing
- Microbiology testing
- Newborn screening
- Quality control systems
Biotechnology Equipment for Process Separations
Process-scale separation systems, mainly high-volume chromatography systems, are among the most crucial biotechnology equipment in the modern biopharmaceutical industry. Applications of process chromatography include:
- Recombinant protein purification
- IgG purification and virus removal
- Monoclonal antibody (mAb) purification
- Purification of serum proteins and enzymes
Key Features of the SR-X Ultra-Sensitive Biomarker Detection System
- Compact instrument with integrated touchscreen control and all-inclusive data analysis tools
- Multiplex detection without sacrificing specificity or sensitivity
- Easy two-step or three-step workflow with limited requirement of user intervention
- Simple custom assay development for the detection of proteins and circulating nucleic acids
- Monthly or daily user maintenance is not required
Ultra-Sensitive Biomarker Detection System with Simoa Bead Technology
The SR-X™ Ultra-Sensitive Biomarker Detection System from Quanterix is an economical and compact system, driven by Simoa® bead technology. It offers scientists access to ultra-sensitive biomarker detection capabilities.
The SR-X has been built to perform multiplex detection of up to six analytes per well, with low volume necessities, thus increasing throughput and productivity while preserving valuable samples.
A wide-ranging menu of Simoa assay kits is available to quantify vital biomarkers with considerably higher sensitivity when compared to regular immunoassay techniques, thereby allowing the detection of both acute and normal levels with high precision over a variety of sample types.
The Quanterix SR-X also offers scientists extra flexibility required to produce assays to detect nucleic acid and protein biomarkers direct from blood without the need for error-prone, complex pre-analytical extraction and amplification steps. This exclusive ability allows measurement of ultra-sensitive nucleic acid levels such as miRNA, without PCR.
SY3200 Cell Sorter from Sony Biotechnology
The SY3200™ system is one of the most innovative and versatile Flow Cytometry Research platforms available in the market.
True innovation drives superior performance and versatility in the SY3200 system. From optics to electronics, revolutionary technology provides solutions that enable the complex applications of today and tomorrow.
Advancements in the discovery of new markers and new dyes have improved the ability to identify more populations in a single assay. This has advanced the use of flow cytometry in an increasing number of applications as well as challenged instrumentation to continue to adapt to new parameters.
The SY3200 has been designed to easily adapt to the ever-increasing need for flexibility and sensitivity in new applications. Whereas some systems are merely evolutionary in design, the SY3200 brings revolutionary, innovative and cutting edge technology to elevate the science of flow cytometry.
The innovative and flexible laser delivery array allows for ultimate laser compatibility while the unique reflective collection optics ensure maximum fluorescence collection efficiency. Powerful, Sony designed electronics enable the collection of high-resolution data and ultra-high-speed cell sorting while maintaining superior sensitivity.
High-Speed Real-Time PCR Analyzer on a Microchip
High-speed real-time polymerized chain reaction (PCR) on a microchip opens a new era for tests in the industries where PCR was not a common method before due to its complexity and high investment requirements. The possibility of performing fast PCR in miniaturized volumes has already attracted the attention of industries and academics to carry out cost-effective high throughput testing and screening. Real-time PCR analyzer AriaDNA developed and manufactured by Lumex Instruments provides fast and easy-to-use microchip-based nucleic acid analysis in different samples.
Features of microchip-based PCR analyzer AriaDNA
- Quantitative and qualitative DNA/RNA analysis – concurrently in 20–48 microreactors via two detector channels (FAM, SYBR Green/ROX)
- PCR analysis time (45 cycles) – 20 minutes – because of high-thermocycling rate (10–12 °C/second)
- Microchips with ready-to-use immobilized PCR reagents – decrease user’s labor content
- Low sample and reagent usage – only 0.5–1.8 μl of 2x PCR master mix for 0.5–1.8 μl sample
- Low detection limits – 1–5 DNA/RNA copies per microreactor
- Reducing contamination – PCR is carried out in a microchip isolated from the environment
- CFR 21 Part 11 complaint
- Real-time data monitoring – current process settings (PCR cycle, temperature); analysis time; PCR curves factors; expected time to finish analysis; plus/minus DNA analysis results
- Export results in industry standard data formats
- Easy to use graphical interface
- Automatic report generation
- STD diagnostics
- Virus and bacteria diagnostic centers
- Clinical and lab services for medical, veterinary, and phytopathogen diagnostics
- Quality control services for food manufacturing, customs control, and biological safety
High-Performance Liquid Chromatograph for Laboratory or Manufacturing
A revolutionary, fully portable, high-performance liquid chromatograph (HPLC) is now offered by Axcend, for manufacturing or laboratory applications.
The HPLC can be manually carried anywhere and utilized on the spot—within a laboratory, on a manufacturing line, or even in the field. Such HPLC flexibility was not available until now.
The Axcend Focus LC® offers greater sensitivity when compared to other UV-absorption-based HPLC systems, delivering precise results quickly. It uses 1/500th of the solvents and produces 1/500th of the waste.
The HPLC, designed in the laboratories of Professor Milton Lee at Brigham Young University, is the first truly mobile gradient liquid chromatograph in the world. It offers greater flexibility and new opportunities for performing mobile analyses.
The Axcend Focus LC® includes the following features:
- Offers greater HPLC sensitivity through dual or single miniaturized LED UV-absorption-based detectors
- Measures about 32 cm x 23 cm x 20 cm and weighs 7.82 kg (17.25 lbs)
- Easy cartridge-based system enables quick setup and operation without the need for tools
- Internal diameter (ID) capillary columns measuring 150 µm are filled with 1.7–3 µm fused silica particles (other materials and sizes are also possible)
- AC power or rechargeable battery for field or laboratory
- Secure wired and wireless control and data output via connected tablets or computers running prominent web browsers
- Needs substantially smaller amounts of samples and solvents, with considerably less waste (as little as 1/500th)
The Axcend Focus LC®—the latest, portable, high-performance liquid chromatograph (HPLC)—makes HPLC Anywhere® a reality.
The size of the Axcend Focus LC® capillary solution resembles that of a shoebox, and provides greater sensitivity when compared to other UV-absorption-based HPLC systems. It uses 1/500th of the solvents and generates 1/500th of the waste. Thanks to its compact size and low weight, it can be used anywhere, for example, within a fume hood, in the laboratory bench, in-the-field analysis, directly on a production line, etc.
The Axcend Focus LC® makes use of dual or single on-column UV-absorption detectors that are easily integrated into a compact and user-friendly cartridge system.
Axcend’s 150-μm ID fused silica capillary columns are generally packed with 1.7–3.0-μm stationary phase particles (with other column dimensions and packing material also possible). In addition, the Axcend Focus LC® has a portable design that enables easy integration with auto-samplers, and allows effortless coupling with mass spectrometers, together with secure wired or wireless control and data output via the connected devices.
TWC-202-20 Dual Double-Wide Mini-Vertical Electrophoresis System
TWC-202-20 is the Combination Package includes Dual Double-Wide Mini-Vertical System, 20cm(w) x10cm(h) with matching 2-place Blotting System
Doubles capacity of a standard size dual unit, runs the equivalent of 4 standard mini-gels at a time. Double-Wide Mini-Vertical System (Cat. # MGV-202-20) includes: cooling chamber with coolant recirculation ports, platinum electrodes, long-lasting silicone gasket, safety cover with attached retractable sheath power leads, white spring clamps. Accessories include 2 combs of your choice, 2 glass plate sets, 2 spacer sets, 2 Gel Wrap gaskets for casting. Double-Wide Mini-Blotting System (Cat.# EBU-402) includes internal glass cooling base for temperature controlled runs, 2 platinum electrode panels, 1 gel cassette assembly, tubing adapters and safety cover with attached power leads.