Microbiology equipment is a large category covering all kinds of items used in microbiology laboratories. Microbiology is the study of microscopic life forms and is used by scientists studying viruses, plants, fungi, protozoans, cells, and parasites. Many industries use microbiology for quality control purposes, to prove there are no living contaminants or to figure out what type of contaminants there are so they know how to fix the problem.
Microbiology equipment include microscopes; slides; test tubes; petri dishes; growth mediums, both solid and liquid; inoculation loops; pipettes and tips; incubators; autoclaves, and laminar flow hoods. Some equipment, like the microscopes and hoods, are permanent items, whereas others, such as pipette tips, are disposable. Having an autoclave is one way to be able to reuse equipment, such as slides and petri dishes, that may otherwise have been thrown away.
|Optical system||CFI optical system|
|Illumination||6V-20W halogen lamp,|
FL (field lens) unit,
lamp changeable by removing the field lens unit
|Coarse and fine focusing||Coaxial coarse/fine focusing with cross roller guide incorporated, 22mm coarse/fine focusing range,|
Coarse motion: 37.7mm/rotation, Fine motion: 0.2mm/rotation with 2µm scale increments, Coarse motion torque adjustable
|Eyepiece tube||E2-TB binocular tube (inclination: 30º, 360º rotatable Siedentopf-type, interpupillary distance: 47–75mm)|
E2-TF trinocular tube F (2-way, inclination: 30º, 360º rotatable Siedentopf-type, interpupillary distance: 47–75mm)
(with rubber eye guard)
|E1-CFI 10x (F.O.V.: 18mm), CFI E 15x (F.O.V.: 12mm)|
|Condenser||Abbe condenser, NA 1.25 (aperture diaphragm with position guide marking for respective objectives),|
33mm-diameter filters attachable (including standard blue filter)
|Nosepiece||Quadruple click-stop, revolving mechanism with multiple ball bearings, elastic nosepiece grip-ring|
|Dedicated objectives||CFI BE Plan Achromat 4x (NA 0.1/W.D. 25mm), 10x (NA 0.25/W.D. 6.7mm), 20x (NA 0.4/W.D. 3.7mm), 40x (NA 0.65/W.D. 0.6mm), 60x (NA 0.8/W.D. 0.24mm), 100x (NA 1.25/W.D. 0.14mm), DL10x (NA 0.25/W.D. 6.7), DL40x (NA 0.65/W.D. 0.6), DL100x (NA 1.25/W.D. 0.14)|
|Stage||Double-plate rectangular mechanical stage, stage size: 155 (W) x 134 (D)mm, removal slide holder, travel area: 76 (W) x 40 (D)mm, vernier provided|
|Substage||Adjustable vertical condenser movement range: 10mm|
|Optional accessories||Phase contrast attachment (dedicated Abbe condenser, sliders, objectives (10x, 40x, 100x), GIF filter, phase centering telescope), object marker, darkfield ring unit, mirror unit, cord hanger, storage case|
Biological Safety Cabinets features
- ULPA filters (per IEST-RP-CC-001.3) tested to a typical efficiency of >99.999% for 0.1 to 0.3 micron particles are better than HEPA filters. ULPA filters last as long as conventional HEPA filters and have similar replacement costs.
- All Esco laminar flow clean benches provide ISO Class 3 air cleanliness within the work zone as per ISO 14644.1, significantly cleaner than the usual Class 5 classification on clean benches offered by the competition.
- The intelligent blower system maintains airflow as the filter becomes loaded, ensuring optimum efficiency and product protection.
- An additional disposable pre-filter traps large particles in the inflow air prior to reaching the main filter, protecting against damage and prolonging filter life.
- All Esco products are manufactured for the most demanding laboratory applications. All components are designed for maximum chemical resistance and enhanced durability for a long service life. The main body of the clean bench is constructed of industrial grade electro-galvanized steel.
- One-piece, formed stainless steel work surface with a curved front edge is designed for maximum operator comfort.
- Built-in warm white, electronically ballasted, 5000k lighting provides excellent illumination of the work zone and reduces operator fatigue. The reliable lighting system is zero-flicker and instant start.
- Esco Laminar Flow Clean Benches have been tested for cross-contamination and product protection using microbiological test methods specified in EN12469.
- Each clean bench is individually factory tested for safety and performance in accordance with international standards.
- Most of electrical components are UL listed or UL recognized, ensuring superior electrical safety for the operator.
- Esco ISOCIDE antimicrobial coating on all painted surfaces.
Decent Counter Pen
Counting colonies on agar plates can be laborious and frustrating in a high-throughput setting. A simple way to increase efficiency and decrease counting error is to use a counter pen. The pen audibly “beeps” when it strikes the plate, leaves a mark, and counts the number of strikes on a digital counter on the side of the pen.
Simply turn the pen on with the on/off switch on the side, tap the pen on all of the colonies on the plate (reverse side of the plate obviously), read and record the total when finished, and hit the reset button before moving to the next plate.
Laboratory incubators provide a controlled, contaminant-free environment for safe, reliable work with cell and tissue cultures by regulating conditions such as temperature, humidity, and CO2. Microbiological incubators are used for the growth and storage of bacterial cultures.
Types and sizes abound, including dry bath incubators with single or dual blocks, biological oxygen demand (BOD) units ideal for insect or plant studies, shaking incubators, hybridization ovens, bioreactors, and a wide variety of laboratory test chambers. Finding the correct size for your particular application is an easy task, with sizes ranging from small tabletop units to room-size. Laboratory incubators are essential for cell and tissue culture, biochemical and hematological studies, pharmaceutical work, and food analysis.