Who We Are
LABSPEC BIOCHEMICALS, a Kenyan leading Importer,Exporter,Marketer & Distributor of Biotechnology and Healthcare products across East and Central Africa. Our Products include: Biotechnology Research products, Medical diagnostic products, Microbiology products, general laboratory Chemicals & Reagents, Medical and Scientific Equipment. It was founded by Ndiema Group as a limited liability company.
Labspec is a subsidiary of the Ndiema Group of Companies. The company’s headquarter is in Nairobi-Kenya. The company was formed with the aim of procuring and distributing quality medical diagnostic products, Scientific & life science research products, laboratory chemicals, reagents and equipment to clinical laboratories , hospitals , schools , universities and Research Institutions in the regional market at competitive and affordable prices. The company is located in the central business area of Nairobi along valley road at Hurlingam Plaza.
Labspec Biochemicals Limited imports for local redistribution and exports to neighboring countries such as Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi, Tanzania, Zambia and Malawi.
We supply all Biotechnology, Medical Diagnostic products, Laboratory essentials & accessories, Hospital and scientific equipment from reputable companies from Europe, USA and Asia.
Labspec Biochemicals Limited strives to provide our customers with exactly what they are looking for by engaging in market Research and participating in continuous new product development your products needs and demands are Important to us.
Our focus is on building long-term relationships, allowing us to have a better understanding of the knowledge and experience you need to be successful in your work. We are proud to serve thousands of laboratories as well as hundreds of distributors in east and central Africa.
The company is an equal opportunity employer whose recruitment policy is guided by professional and technical competence to ensure quality customer service and continued support, the sales team is made up of trained medical laboratory technologists, Research scientists, while the service engineers have a bias medical engineering.
Labspec has ensured an efficient delivery system of products to customers by investing in a number of delivery vehicles and motor cycles. The latter are equipped with cool boxes for handling the temperature sensitive diagnostic kits. The company also employs the services of four major local courier companies for delivery of agent suppliers to customers outside the Nairobi region.,
Our strategic alliances worldwide with manufacturers and traders enable us to provide excellent service. Our quality ensures that we add value to customers final product and results. We have excelled at providing top quality products to our customers at unbeatable prices.
Labspec has been continually offering not only the traditional regular lab consumables in various fields like molecular biology, histology, microbiology etc. but also the very popular Biobank products which is truly the current prevailing trends in the near future.
Labspec endeavors to offer her clients a comprehensive range of Laboratory products and hospital equipment spanning entire line of laboratory medicine including clinical chemistry, hematology, microbiology, parasitology and serology
We have a state of the art warehousing facility at Kings Business Park along Mombasa Road measuring over 25,000 SQ ft.
Our good logistics coordination for imports, exports and local distribution with a mechanized fleet and our sourcing strategy and import mechanism are designed to satisfactorily meet the convenience of our clients.
Labspec complies with good warehousing practice and good distribution practices as per the recommendation of Pharmacy and Poisons Board (PPB) Ministry of Health.
To Be The Leading Importer, Exporter & Distributor of Medical and Biotechnology Products Across Africa By 2030.
To Provide High Quality e& Biotechnology Research Products to Our Customers at Affordable Prices and at the Same time Contribute in adding Disease Free Years to Human Life.
The Ndiema Way-Values
To live our purpose we need to ensure that we are guided by the right values.The Ndiema Way is our story. It talks about why we exist and how we add value together. How we bring meaning to what we do. What will guide our decisions. And importantly, the mirror that we can hold up to ourselves.
1. Trust (It’s the most important thing)
- We hold ourselves to the highest standards of personal and business integrity
- Our word is stronger than any contract
- We put people and our planet alongside profits.
2. Be Bold
- We have bold ambitions. We set the bar high. We outperform expectations.
- We adapt. We are agile and resilient.
- We continuously innovate. We champion new ideas. We take risks.
3. Show Respect
- We treat people like we would want to be treated
- We embrace and celebrate diversity
- We foster collaboration
4. Be Humble
- We own up to and learn from our mistakes
- We ask for feedback. And then grow with it.
- We give credit wherever due
- You may have read the quote, “humility is not thinking less of yourself, it is thinking of yourself less”. And it is probably best captured in the philosophy of ‘servant leadership’. For some of us, the idea of leaders being servants could be a bit of a paradox.
5. Create Delight
- We place our clients at the heart of all we do
- We obsess over current and future needs of our clients And then deliver.
- We offer our clients amazing quality services at great value
- Simply put, we love delighting our clients. This is what inspires us to keep innovating, to be able to offer more superior quality, world class services.
6. Own It
- We are 100/0. Take 100% accountability with 0 excuses.
- We speak our mind. We challenge the status quo.
- We focus on the details, but never forget the bigger picture
- This is our company. And we need to take full responsibility for both our successes as well as our mistakes. This is not about blame games or feeling victimised.
The Ndiema Group
Ndiema Group was established by 8 people led by Barasa Ndiema, a former Research Scientist. From the outset, the company’s founders shared a belief that the Internet would level the playing field by enabling small enterprises to leverage innovation and technology to grow and compete more effectively in the domestic and global economies. Since launching its first website helping small Kenyan exporters, manufacturers and entrepreneurs to sell internationally, Ndiema Group has grown into a global leader in online and mobile commerce. Today the company and its related companies operate leading wholesale and retail online marketplaces as well as businesses in cloud computing, digital media, entertainment, Biotechnology & Healthcare, innovation initiatives and others.
We have 4 major companies with interests in Biotechnology, Healthcare, E-commerce, Technology and Media.Our presence in more than 3 countries ensures that our customers are at home with Ndiema no matter where they go. With brands you can believe in, service excellence you can count on and the promise of brighter living for every customer, Ndiema knows what makes Kenya tick today.
Today, we are at a point in Ndiema’s history when our amazing past is meeting up with its spectacular future head on. Ndiema is learning and relishing being young again.