FIREPol® DNA Polymerase
For in vitro use only
FIREPol® is a highly processive, thermostable DNA polymerase. Due to its genetic modifications FIREPol® has an enhanced stability at room temperature with no activity loss for up to 1 month. The enzyme has 5’→3’ polymerization-dependent exonuclease replacement activity but lacks 3’→ 5’ exonuclease activity.
DescriptionDNA Polymerase is a highly thermostable DNA polymerase from the thermophilic bacterium Thermus aquaticus. The enzyme catalyzes 5’→3′ synthesis of DNA, has no detectable 3’→5′ exonuclease (proofreading) activity and possesses low 5’→3′ exonuclease activity. In addition, Taq DNA Polymerase exhibits deoxynucleotidyl transferase activity, which frequently results in the addition of extra adenines at the 3′-end of PCR products. Recombinant Taq DNA Polymerase is the ideal tool for standard PCR of templates 5 kb or shorter.
• Thermostable—half life is more than 40 min at 95°C
• Generates PCR products with 3′-dA overhangs
• Supplied with two buffers—10X Taq Buffer with KCl and 10X Taq Buffer with (NH4)2SO4. The latter allows for PCR at wide range of magnesium concentrations and decreases unspecific priming
• Incorporates modified nucleotides (e.g., biotin-, digoxigenin-, fluorescently-labeled nucleotides)
• Routine PCR amplification of DNA fragments up to 5 kb
• High throughput PCR
• DNA labeling
• The error rate of Taq DNA Polymerase in PCR is 2.2 x 10-5 errors per nt per cycle. Accordingly, the accuracy of PCR is 4.5 x 104. Accuracy is an inverse of the error rate and shows an average number of correct nucleotides incorporated before an error occurs.
• The 10X Taq Buffer without Detergent is recommended for microarray experiments.
Contents & storage
• 100 µL Taq DNA Polymerase (5 U/µL)
• 2 x 1.25 mL 10X Taq Buffer with KCl
• 2 x 1.25 mL 10X Taq Buffer with (NH4)2SO4
• 2 x 1.25 mL 25 mM MgCl2
Store at -20°C.